Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Will You Join Me?

Today is the 58th annual National Day of Prayer. All across America citizens will join in times of personal repentance and corporate prayer for our nation..

While there will be many types of events and venues, there is but one purpose - to intercede with our Father for America and for those in authority.

Yesterday, on the NDP web site, I counted nearly 70 events taking place here in Washington State. I hope you plan to participate. Here is the NDP link where you can locate an event near you.

This year's event theme is so appropriate: "Prayer... America's Hope" from Psalm 33:22

"May your unfailing love rest upon us, O Lord,
even as we put our hope in you."

I would encourage you to watch the LIVE Webcast of the National Observance in Washington D.C. (9:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon EST)

Though our White House will not participate in this event we must.

I believe that genuine repentance brings hope and healing. I also believe that national repentance must begin with personal repentance.

Will you join me?

No comments: